I can attest, the making of this tiramisu dish will not only make you the most popular 420 chef amongst your friends, but be fun too. Let’s face it. Many edibles in the stores can become mundane and engaging your medicine by creating a dish can spice up your edible game.
- 2 cups boiling-hot water
- 3 tablespoons instant-espresso powder
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons Tia Maria (coffee liqueur)
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup dry Marsala
- 1 pound mascarpone (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup chilled heavy cream
- 36 savoiardi style (crisp Italian ladyfingers; from two 7-ounce packages)
- Dark Chocolate Cocoa Meds grated for dusting
- (you can either use a food processor, grater, mincer, or chop)
- Stir together water, espresso powder, 1 tablespoon sugar, and Tia Maria in a shallow bowl until sugar has dissolved, then cool.
- Beat egg yolks, Marsala, and remaining 1/2 cup sugar in a metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water using a whisk or handheld electric mixer until tripled in volume, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove bowl from heat. Beat in mascarpone until just combined.
- Beat cream in a large bowl until it holds stiff peaks.
- Fold mascarpone mixture into whipped cream gently but thoroughly.
- Dipping both sides of each ladyfinger into coffee mixture, line bottom of a 13- by 9- by 3-inch baking pan with 18 ladyfingers in 3 rows, trimming edges to fit if necessary. Spread half of mascarpone filling on top. Dip remaining 18 ladyfingers in coffee and arrange over filling in pan.
- Spread remaining mascarpone filling on top and dust with Cocoa Meds powder. Chill, covered, at least 6 hours.
- Let tiramisu stand at room temperature 30 minutes before serving, then dust with more cocoa.
After Preparation Serve chilled to your guests and enjoy a very chill evening.
Notes: Recipe is a poll of several well done online bloggers.