Most people tend to make very specific chocolate edibles not realizing how versatile a simple chocolate spread can be. I like making several recipes that keep well over the weekend so I have medication readily available for the more challenging weekdays. However, I do not have children as they have to be taken into account especially when they are old enough to raid the fridge. This chocolate spread is so good, you’ll have to put it away between servings. It’s easy to make and tastes great on everything from toast to fruit! This recipe makes about 3 cups of chocolate spread but still never seems enough. It has been a staple in the medicated section of my fridge for awhile now.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Cocoa Meds Dark Chocolate Bar finely chopped
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate finely chopped
- 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter softened and cubed
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, granulated sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, and salt.
- Place the pan over medium heat and stir until the sugar and cocoa powder dissolve. Continue to heat the pan, stirring
- frequently, just until it reaches a simmer.
- Once simmering, remove the pan from the heat and add the vanilla extract, chopped chocolates, and cubed butter.
- Whisk until the chocolate and butter melt and the mixture is completely smooth. When it is freshly made, this spread will have the consistency of hot fudge sauce.
- Pour the spread into a jar or other container with a lid. Press a layer of plastic wrap on top of the chocolate to prevent a skin from forming, and refrigerate it until it thickens.
- If it is too cold to spread easily, let it sit at room temperature for a short while before serving. Store it in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
DOSAGE AND TOLERANCE
Each serving of this decadent spread is just over 11mg THC. A good starting dose is between 5-10mg of THC. It can take up to 2 hours for the cannabis to kick in. Remember to have non-medicated snacks handy as it is easy to over medicate with this. Since this stores well, make sure to label it as containing cannabis as no one wants to make that mistake.